I didn't watch Imus on MSNBC all the time. When I did watch it was usually to see his comedians do impersonations. The show would unfortunately make me cringe sometimes because Imus would tip over the line. There were times where you would smile in embarrassment because you knew that he had gone too far but hope he wouldn't get into trouble. Right before Imus would go to a commercial break I would notice that he would often use The Band's music as bumper music. You would hear Up on Cripple Creek, Rag Mama Rag, and particularly The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. There was one song that he would play that was performed live by Levon called, Goodnight Irene that was just incredible! I had also notice that he would occasionally have musical guest on his show. Most of the bands or artists during this time I was not familiar with. However, I would later discover these seem artists eventually through listening to more country, blues, soul and old time rock n' roll music. Obviousl! y after seeing this stuff I'm telling myself, "Wow, you never know maybe he can have Levon Helm on there someday. That would be awesome!" Than one faithful Monday morning on September 19, 2005 I received a phone call from my brother from his school. He called me because I called him earlier to see if he was at school. When he called me I was in bed and I wasn't going to get up. However, after he called me I decided to get up and watch Imus in the morning. In fact, it might have been more about wanting ...
0 comments: